Samsung Galaxy S8 Custom ROM Altitude [G950F/FD][8.0]
Altitude Samsung Galaxy S8 Custom ROM [G950F/FD][8.0]
The S8 Custom ROM Altitude is a smooth, lightweight solution to the stock firmware of Samsung. Samsung Experience’s core features remain, without any of the clutter.
Features S8 Custom ROM Altitude:
- Heavily debloated from stock
- Rooted with Magisk
- System-wide adblock
- Bixby remap script (see usage below)
- Odexed & zipaligned
- DM-verity & force encrypt disabled
- RMM state fix
- Android Pie OneUI system apps (Calendar, Clock, Messages, Gallery)
- Pixel launcher
- 4K YouTube option and Netflix fix
- Stock kernel (unmodified, source)
- 1.5GB download size
- Based on December security patch (DBT)
S8 Custom ROM Altitude Included Samsung software:
- AOD & blue light filter
- Device maintenance
- Game launcher
- SExperience advanced features
Features of Samsung account are not included in this Custom ROM. You must use Substratum if you want theming. Also, any Knox-reliant features are not included and will not work.
How to Install Altitude S8 Custom ROM:
Before proceeding, please create a backup of your /data/ partition using TWRP or by copying files to some other external storage medium (USB, PC, cloud etc).
- Make sure you are on Oreo ROM and OEM unlock is enabled
- Format Dalvik/ART cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache in Wipe menu of TWRP
- Flash ZIP through Install menu in TWRP
When updating from a previous version of Altitude, simply download, reboot into TWRP, flash new ZIP and wipe Cache/Dalvik.
- Settings app has additional Korean carrier settings menus, but no carrier applications are installed
- Wear OS seems to be having issues working on Oreo custom ROMs.
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.xStatus: Stable
Current Stable Version: CRL3_2